Monday, February 25, 2013

maybelline limited edition spring 2013 fashion week blush swatches.

   So I randomly walked into my Walgreen's to grab polish remover and, out of nowhere, the Maybelline Spring 2013 Fashion Week display was up! Squee!! I first saw this on http://nouveaucheap.blogspot.com/2013/02/spotted-maybelline-limited-edition.html and was so excited. I hunted down the same blushes last year so, of course, I grabbed all three.





   First up is Wild Blossom. I was unsure about grabbing this one since I have such a warm skin tone but I'm glad I did. Pigment was more sheer than the other blushes I got and the color is a cooler baby pink with silver shimmer. At first I was skeptical but the color looked really pretty on my cheeks. Yay!! This would look especially good on fairer, cooler skin tones but I still managed to make it work on my NW20/25 skin. It's worth a look.



   Next up is Coral Burst. Oh I'm love with this color!! It does look scary and orange and clown like in the pan and swatch but trust me if you have warmer tones you need this in your life. I would say this is more orange than coral but it's gorgeous regardless. It applied beautifully and made my cheeks glow. It is highly pigmented and I had best results using my Eco-tools duo fibre brush. This is stunning and I think worth hunting down.


Golden Fuse on left, Coral Burst in the middle and Wild Blossom on right.


   Last but not least is Golden Fuse. This is a shimmery, golden highlight shade with sheer pigment. I can see this maybe working as a blush for fairer skin tones and a traditional highlighter for deeper skintones. For my NW 20/25 I used it as a light bronzer. I applied it in the 3 contour shape (temples to cheek hollows to chin) and it subtly defined and warmed up my skin. I like that I didn't have to blend this too much like I have to with regular bronzer. I think this one is really worth a look as well.

   Good luck display hunting!!


No comments:

Post a Comment